Thanksgiving is a time to express gratitude, celebrate the harvest, and, of course, get crafty with your little ones! For preschool and kindergarten-aged children, creative activities provide fun, a sense of accomplishment, and works their fine motor skills. In this post, we’ll share 25+ simple Thanksgiving crafts for kids, as well as provide some helpful tips to make the process enjoyable for both children and parents.
The Importance of Crafting for Children
Thanksgiving crafts are more than just an enjoyable pastime; they offer numerous benefits for children’s development. Here’s why they are important:
- Creativity: Thanksgiving crafts encourage kids to think creatively, as they explore various materials and use their imagination to craft something unique. This helps develop their problem-solving skills and fosters a sense of individuality.
- Fine Motor Skills: Crafting involves precise movements, which are excellent for developing fine motor skills in young children. Cutting, pasting, and manipulating small objects improve hand-eye coordination and dexterity.
- Cognitive Development: Planning and executing a craft project promotes cognitive development. Kids learn to follow instructions, make choices, and organize their thoughts.
- Emotional Expression: Crafting can be a way for children to express their emotions. They might use colors, shapes, and textures to convey their feelings, fostering emotional intelligence.
- Bonding Time: Engaging in simple Thanksgiving crafts is an excellent opportunity for parents to spend quality time with their children. It promotes strong parent-child bonds and creates lasting memories.
25+ simple Thanksgiving crafts for kids
Thanksgiving coloring pages for kids – free printable
Looking for some fun Thanksgiving coloring pages for your kids? We’ve got a 10 page free printable coloring book for you! Thanksgiving can be stressful, and kids can get restless with the drastic change in their schedule. Up early to watch the parade (or get in the car if you’re traveling), dinner in the early Read more…
Looking for a fun and easy Thanksgiving activity to do with the kids? This FREE printable turkey name craft is perfect. It’s great as an early literacy activity, too! All you need are some simple supplies and this free printable template
Kids love making these Thanksgiving crafts!
Looking for an easy Thanksgiving craft idea? Create Pom Pom Turkeys to use as a cute and colourful centerpiece this Thanksgiving.
If you need an easy craft for kids, this Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft is what you need. Your child can create a super cute turkey craft in just a few steps!
This craft is an active way to teach the story of the first Thanksgiving.
Are you looking for a fun thanksgiving activity? Try our FREE Printable Thanksgiving ISPY Worksheet PDF! Perfect for kids and adults!
Learn how to make a turkey handprint for an easy Thanksgiving craft. All you need for this activity is your kids hand’s and some paint!
These Clay Pot Turkeys are a fun Thanksgiving craft for adults. Make them with the kids and transform clay flower pots into adorable DIY fall decorations.
Learn how to make a cute turkey out of toilet paper roll and construction paper with your kids. It’s the perfect decoration for Thanksgiving!
These sweet turkey headbands print on two pages and come together quickly for a quick and easy Thanksgiving craft!
We love crafting with cotton balls and paper plates. They are both inexpensive and easy for the kids to handle.
This Turkey Colouring Page is too cute to handle! Kids will have so much fun filling up this Thanksgiving colouring page with zentangle art patterns.
Print out our Turkey Template, put your little one’s crafty hands to work, and get ready to hear some loud giggles! This Mix And Match Turkey Craft is a super fun craft project you can put together in a flash, and your kids are bound to love it.
Get this free printable turkey template and make your own turkey craft! Choose from a cut and paste turkey template or a coloring page.
Grab this free booklet of printable Thanksgiving activities for toddlers! Keep your littles entertained while you manage the big day.
Print and decorate this cute I am Thankful turkey headband to help children think about what they’re grateful for.
This turkey handprint craft comes with a cute poem to add inside a card. This is a really easy handprint turkey for kids to make!
100 Best Thankful Quotes for Kids: There is always something to be thankful for! – Be you, be kind, be brave, be honest, be thankful.
Need easy Thanksgiving crafts for kids? This coffee filter turkey craft made with a clothespin is perfect for preschool & kindergarten!
How better to celebrate the start of autumn than with this cute garland decoration that even the youngest kids can help to make.
70 Gratitude Quotes for Kids: Gratitude turns what we have into enough – Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices
Among the many fun activities that can be incorporated into your Thanksgiving celebration, there’s one craft that stands out for its simplicity, beauty, and the joy it brings, especially to the younger members of the family: the Paper Crown Turkey Headband Craft.
Grab some print out our funky looking turkey leaf craft template and let’s make this wonderful fall activity. Our fall craft template is great for kids of all ages (perfect for preschool and kindergarten).
This adorable, easy-to-do, Turkey Handprint Craft is perfect for keeping the kiddos entertained. Plus, it’s a lovely keepsake to look back on.
A simple craft that you can do anywhere is this Paper Plate Turkey. Using construction paper, you can easily put this turkey together!
General Crafting Tips for Preschool and Kindergarten-Age Children
Here are some general tips to make your Thanksgiving crafting experience enjoyable:
- Ensure that all craft supplies are age-appropriate and non-toxic.
- Select projects that match your child’s skill level and attention span. Short and simple projects work best for younger children.
- Crafting can get messy, so prepare for easy cleanup. Lay down a plastic tablecloth or newspaper to catch any spills. Keep a damp cloth nearby for quick cleanups.
- Take advantage of the natural beauty of fall by incorporating leaves, acorns, or pinecones into your crafts. These items add a seasonal touch to the projects.
- Encourage your child to enjoy the creative process, rather than focusing solely on the final product. Praise their effort and imagination.
- Crafting can be a valuable lesson in patience. Help your child understand that it’s okay to make mistakes and that learning is part of the fun.
- Display your child’s creations around the house to boost their self-esteem. Sharing their crafts with family and friends can also be a source of pride.
Click here for 25 easy ways to display kids’ arts & crafts at home
Time to gather your supplies, get messy, and watch as your little ones craft wonderful Thanksgiving memories that will be cherished for years to come. Happy Thanksgiving!
More fall crafts to enjoy:
35+ fall crafts for preschoolers
You’ve Been Booed! – Free Printable
30 Fun November Drawing Prompts for Kids