We’re celebrating our home planet with printable Earth Day coloring bookmarks and coming up with fun activity ideas. For preschoolers, Earth Day is a great opportunity to teach them about the environment and to help them understand why it’s so important to care for it.
What is Earth Day?
It’s a day to celebrate our planet, learn how to protect it, and to recognize the importance of taking care of our environment.
When is Earth Day?
Earth Day is celebrated every April 22nd.
What can preschoolers do for Earth Day?
- Learn about Earth Day by reading (listening to) books, such as It’s Earth Day, Little Critter, and color the bookmarks below
- Learn about conserving water and electricity, and how they can help by turning off the lights and faucet when not in use.
- Help collect paper and plastic for recycling
- Help pick up trash at the park and learn about the importance of not littering
- Help plant a tree
- Make one of these recycled cardboard crafts
- Plant some flower seeds in your garden. Choose flowers that are good pollinators for your area.
- Make a birdfeeder and hang it in your backyard
- Go for a hike in the woods and point out all the birds and animals you see
How to use this Earth Day coloring printable:
These bookmarks work best when printed on a heavyweight paper or cardstock. Be sure the printer is set to default or fit to page. Simply download, print, color, and cut out.
Click here to download the Earth Day coloring bookmarks
For personal, non-commercial use only. You may use it at home or in your classroom. We love when you share with your friends, but if you do, please link back to this page. Thanks!
What are some of your favorite Earth Day activities? Drop them in the comments below and we’ll add them to our list.