Ah September – the weather is getting cooler, the kids are back in school, and it is my favorite time of year to start cozy new knitting projects. And since I tend to have overly ambitious fall knitting goals (I want to make ALL THE THINGS IMMEDIATELY!), I think it’s best to make several quick pieces that focus on beautiful texture. They’ll take your right through into winter and are perfect for layering. Here are my top 5:
- Beanie – a classic style that goes with everything. You really can’t go wrong making a bunch of these in different colors.
- Fingerless mitts – I like the simple styling on these and BONUS you get to pick out some fun buttons.
- Poncho – I’m always cold, so this is a great piece to wear to the office (pretty much year round if we’re being honest).
- Throw blanket – keeps you warm (while Knitflixing, of course) AND pretties up your couch.
- Bag – back to school time means kids need lunch bags. I love this one for its brown bag styling and natural wool insulation.
What are your favorite knitting projects for fall?